[scribus] Switch tex engine

henry atting nsmp_02 at online.de
Mon Jan 30 16:29:14 UTC 2012

henry atting <nsmp_02 at online.de> writes:

> Lars Behrens <Lars.Behrens at kit.edu> writes:
>
>> Am 30.01.2012 12:41, schrieb henry atting:
>>
>>> is it possible to switch the tex engine from pdflatex to lualatex when
>>> rendering a tex frame?
>>
>> In the Settings > External Tools you can select Latex and then change
>> the command.
>>
>> Cheerz,
>> Lars
>
> Great! This makes `inkscape -> scribus' an almost unbeatable workflow
> to produce cmyk pdfs for prepress.

Okay, cheered to soon...

So I changed the header to:

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage[german]{babel}
\setmainfont{Adobe Garamond Pro}

The render frame contains this test text:

`Zum Üben'

The german umlaut causes luatex stop compiling:

*** you should *not* be loading the inputenc package
*** XeTeX expects the source to be in UTF8 encoding
*** some features of other encodings may conflict, resulting in poor output.

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:Ãœb not set up for use with LaTeX.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.14 	zum Ãœb
             en
?

Yes, I did not load the `inputenc' package as I know it is not
necessary for lualatex. And where does `XeTeX' come in?

Text without german umlauts are rendered flawlessly.

henry

--
http://literaturlatenight.de