[scribus] Linux, Scribus 1.5, Windows Scribus 1.4 and Arial, font.

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 28 10:46:22 UTC 2012

<<
I have spent most of
today in attempting to get my work done on Scribus 1.5.

If you are doing production work to deadlines, you should use 1.4 not 1.5.
If you need 1.5 for the PDF you can have both 1.4 and 1.5 on the same
machine, you should do your work in 1.4 and only as final stage COPY the
sla with a different name (maybe ending in "_1_5.sla") and load it in
1.5 only for purposes of producing your PDF.
Any rework should be done in 1.4 only, unless you find something
essential that can not be done in it or that changes unacceptably when
you take it to 1.5.
If the later happens let the mailing list / devs know so they can look
into whether it is a bug in 1.4 or 1.5

<<
It has frozen up, closed down

1.5 is development so it can be "unstable", you should not use for
production work

<<
It would be better if we had a Windows version, I think!!

Doubt it, probably would be more unstable !

K.