[scribus] [1.4.0] autosave file exists

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Jan 27 16:14:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:00:19 +0400
Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I use scribus-1.4.0 at the system:
> -----
> % uname -a
> FreeBSD bsam.wart.ru 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r230425:
> Mon Jan 23 11:55:58 SAMT 2012
> bsam at bsam.wart.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BBX i386
> -----
>
> Scribus leaves autosave files after saving the file and closing the
> program itself:
> -----
> % ls -l
> total 21432
> -rw-r--r--  1 bsam  wheel  21845667 27 ______ 15:20 test-1.pdf
> -rw-r--r--  1 bsam  wheel     18965 27 ______ 15:19 test-1.sla
> -rw-r--r--  1 bsam  wheel     17192 27 ______ 15:18 test-1.sla.autosave
> -----
>
> Is it a bug/feature/my misconfiguration? Thanks!

It is normal behavior. test-1.sla is the Scribus source file.
Should you want to change the document in the future this is what
you load into Scribus. test-1.pdf is of course the end result
that you send to a printer.

File test-1.sla.autosave is a version of
teat-1.sla that is spun off at regular intervals. If for any
reason the Scribus session crashes (e.g., power failure) this is
a reasonably current backup file. After you have saved the final
version of the .sla file and closed the session the .autosave
file is no longer needed, but it doeesn't do any harm. It will be
overwritten during the next session.

Autosave occurs by default every ten minutes. You might want to
shorten this interval. The procedure is described on page 48 of
"The Scribus Manual". I urge all Scribus users to buy a copy. You
don't want to fly blind.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: