[scribus] interest in new tutorial?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 17:20:00 UTC 2012

On 01/25/2012 11:09 AM, Christen Anderson wrote:
> I've noticed several people recently asking for a tutorial geared
> towards 1.4.0. The old freedomYug tutorial is long out of date. I would
> be willing to either update the current tutorial or write a new one, if
> there is interest in this. As A.l.e. pointed out in a recent forum
> thread, the freedomYug tutorial is not really the best for new users,
> since it explores several features that new users wouldn't need to know.
>
> So my question is, is there any interest in this? If so, what things, in
> your opinion, would be best to include in this?

I think there is, and the best way, yet the most work, would involve
more or less starting all over. The reason is that this original
tutorial dates from the 1.2 versions, where Scribus's capabilities were
very much less than now, and we might not even do things the same way
this tutorial suggests.

This having been said, there are a large number of things illustrated in
this relatively short tutorial. Here is an ancient page I made to show
the things covered in the tutorial:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/FreedomYUG_Tutorial_Demonstrated_Tasks

Greg