[scribus] Forcing line break in justified text

Stefan stmstmstmster at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:42:51 UTC 2012

Am 19. Januar 2012 00:29 schrieb Louis Desjardins <
louis.desjardins at gmail.com>:

> 2012/1/18 john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com>
>

>  There are cases where you'd want a forced linebreak. For instance, to
> quickly push a word on the next line if the typographic color needs it, to
> avoid ugly spaces elsewhere, to fill a loose line, to deal with a long url
> for which you'd want no hyphen to interfere with, etc. Or, to enhance
> manually the appearance of a ragged text, pushing a word here and there.

For what its worth ... "typographic color" is in german "Grauwert" or
re-translated "grey value" of a text, now I understand you better Louis.

For a "wall of text" publication like a newspaper its important that all
text features an identical grey value.

There could maybe an info overlay which says "This text has 30% grey
value/typo color", as in counting the inked parts / covered paper space. (?)

--
Gruß, Stefan