[scribus] Page templates?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Sat Jan 21 18:47:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

is there a way to have page templates in scribus?

I'd like to produce picture books with fixed schemes to put 2,3,4
pictures per page. So I'd need templates (like in common picture book
software) which puts 2,3,4 empty picture boxes on a new page.

As far  as I understood scribus, there are master pages, which just give
a background that can't be changed within the page. A picture in a
master page would give a constant background image, but not the box for
different pictures at similar positions.

And then there are document templates, which come as complete documents.

Is there a way to have page templates, where the page elements provided
by the template remain editable?

regards
Hadmut