[scribus] scribusproblem

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jan 19 14:46:50 UTC 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:30:46 +0100 (CET)
Kohls_Horst at web.de wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I got a problem with Scribus 1.3.8 where I need your support.
>
> Right now I am creating a family history which consists of about 300
> pages of which about 200 pages are scannes JPEG graphics.
>
> When inserting these jpeg files, there is no issue to page 137.
> Starting page 138 the following error message shows up:
>
> ---"Application transferred too few scanlines" und "JPEG Libary
> Error"---

1. Download the stable version of 1.4.0. There is no good reason
to use anything earlier.

2. If you have Gimp or Imagemagic etc. try converting the jpg on
138 to png.  That may clean up the error in the jpg file. Almost
certainly that is where the error exists. Or else rescan the
illustration and save it as png.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: