[scribus] arabic

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jan 18 15:21:59 UTC 2012

hi

> Searching with Google, I didn't find this answer :
> -- with R (or Я) in the property box, all the text is in reverse order

i can't understand arab, but using Я seems to be somehow correct here
(at least it looks the same as what my mail program displays).

http://imgh.us/rtol.png

afaik, the biggest problem with rtl is that all ligatures are wrong...
but rtl per se should work...

some time ago i've tested the render frame solution (without being able
to read any arab... of course) and the result with latex seemed correct
to me.

finally, if you just want that word, try to get it into inkscape,
convert it to outlines and export it to an svg which you will import
into scribus

so: scribus does not work well with arab, that's well known, but if you
just want one single words, there should be ways to get it correctly.

finally, we can have a use for somebody who knows the arab rules and
can program to finish the work on the new layout engine...

ciao
a.l.e