[scribus] Coral draw 12 transfer

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jan 17 09:00:50 UTC 2012

hi willie,

> Hi all, my wife is working on our own local community newspaper at home with coral draw 12. She has no design training or experience, but she is doing it for the last 6 month's. Many headaches later I started to google and came across Scribus. My question is how do I transfer files or pages from coral to scribus ? If I want to open a paper that was design in coral, scribus don't want to open it.
> Please help.

as other people wrote, by using SVG (and/) or PDF you  should be able to
import most graphical elements into scribus.

for the text part, you could open the PDF with libre/openoffice and than
save the relevant parts of the text as office files and import those
into scribus text frames.
but a simple copy paste the text from a PDF may be a better solution...
even if you have to redo the formatting (but, probably, you will want to
reformat your text anyway!)

have a nice day
a.l.e