[scribus] Drop Shadow

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Tue Jan 17 07:39:06 UTC 2012

Am 17.01.2012 07:08, schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:18:25 -0500
> Louis Desjardins<louis.desjardins at gmail.com>  dijo:
>
>> 2012/1/16 Jean-Luc Waber<jlwaber at gmail.com>
>>> A soft shadow feature in scribus would be much appreciated!
>
>> You are not alone !
>>
>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3712
>>
>> The bug was filed on April 27, 2006...
>>
>> This is almost 6 years ago !
>>
>> The status is "Statusacknowledged"
>
> I wonder if a drop shadow could be scripted.

Hi folks, isn't this somewhat... :-)

Whenever I have needed a drop shadow in Scribus, I would simply copy the
text frame and slide the lower one a bit (plus little X and Y). If you
want the shadow to appear somewhat grayish, just set the font in that
frame to a gray tone.

The same with a shadow of a frame (that, however, occurs much more
often): Copy the frame, slide the lower one a bit and fill it with a
gray tone.

What I did not yet try is transparency, I only used this on a white
background. As we can fill frames transparently, however, this shouldn't
be too much a problem I guess.

Or did I get you completely wrong here?

Rolf