[scribus] Drop Shadow

Jean-Luc Waber jlwaber at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 03:44:55 UTC 2012

>> I just noticed a missing feature that I use quite frequently in ID -
>> dropshadow.
>> I saw a script that attempts to achieve this, but it doesn't seem to work
>> in 1.4.
>>
>> Anyone know any workarounds for soft dropshadows.
>>

> You have to create them manually. Create some pngs in gimp for that.

I also really miss soft dropshadows. I used the workaround for text with
gimp and inkscape, but it was not straightforward. The sizes of font
don't correspond in inkscape and scribus. After importing a text made in
inkscape (same font, same size) into scribus the text looked very
different than if made in scribus. I had to do a lot of adjusting until
I got a satisfactory result.
A soft shadow feature in scribus would be much appreciated!
Jean-Luc