[scribus] Stable Enough?

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Mon Jan 16 10:54:04 UTC 2012

Am 16.01.2012 11:21, schrieb Jean Mielot:
> On 16/01/2012 12:18, Stefan wrote:
>> Am 16. Januar 2012 10:12 schrieb Jean Mielot<j.mielot at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Working on a magazine issue now - first one with Scribus (previously
>>> used
>>> ID).
>>> One question which does bug me at this late point in the production
>>> schedule.
>>>
>>> Can it handle 48 A4 pages in a single file - with at least one image per
>>> page?
>>>
>> why dont you test it yourself?
>>
>> I worked on a 32-page newspaper, it worked good enough.
>>
>> Text frame speed and Vector Gfx redraw speed is the main problem on large
>> scribus projects. Workaround: use Story Editor for text edit and as much
>> pixelgraphics as possible.
>> Put images on a separate layer which you switch off, for faster speed.
>>

>>> It seems ok - but I DID read somewhere that one should be careful?
>>>
>> no.
>>

>>> Any ideas on this anyone?
>>>
>> see above :)
>>
> Thanks for reply
>
> I am busy doing that right now, but I would hate to get to Thursday and
> find my file's crashing.
> It's ok for now though. :-)

I made a 36 pages "book" with a lot of photos, and the only reason for
me to split up the project were the long loading times. An experimental
concatenating of the four files to a single one didn't bring up any
problems. During file load, I could watch it eating up RAM. But it
loaded flawlessly, and working on the project was as fast as with 4 pages.

Rolf