[scribus] Fitting Text

Jean Mielot j.mielot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:35:31 UTC 2012

On 13/01/2012 14:15, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> I need text fitting. In Indesign CS5 I wrote a script that made a little
>> page label indicating
>> the magazine section - it used fitting. I see no way of achieving that
>> in Scribus at the moment.
>> Seeing as all labels are the same font and always one line - I could set
>> the vertical height, but
>> I need the box to find the horizontal width and add a little bit of
>> padding all round.
> If I recall right someone has written a script that adjust the height
> of a text frame to fit the text. I guess that can be easily adopted.
>
> I think I found it in the wiki:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Adjust_a_text_frame_to_fit_its_content
>
> /Peter

Thanks Peter I saw that one.

Of course in my case horizontal fitting would be equally important.
I guess one could perhaps count the characters?

This does raise one other question:

Every time I add a textframe with text, the bottom of the frame is
always slightly removed from the baselineof the text -
possibly the line height - but I'm not sure.

Is there a way to end the frame on the baseline and still allow the
descender to extend? ID does this.