[scribus] Fitting Text

Jean Mielot j.mielot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:45:58 UTC 2012

Hi

I am a professional magazine designer and have decided to change from
Indesign to Scribus
and so far I have been very happy - fantastic work. As soon as this
issue is complete I will
definitely post it as a a success story - which I'm sure it will be.

There are a few things I miss from Indesign, but have also found
workarounds - so there
hasn't been any compromise YET.

In Indesign I was quite comfortable writing scripts and of course it's
clear that Scribus' possibilities
are even more with Python.

Here's a question that I have seen discussed, but I'm unsure of the
current status.

I need text fitting. In Indesign CS5 I wrote a script that made a little
page label indicating
the magazine section - it used fitting. I see no way of achieving that
in Scribus at the moment.
Seeing as all labels are the same font and always one line - I could set
the vertical height, but
I need the box to find the horizontal width and add a little bit of
padding all round.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance