[scribus] Fedora 16

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jan 13 00:41:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:35:12 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> dijo:

>For those interested in how long it takes Fedora to update Scribus, I
>just today received 1.4.0 as an upgrade from their repo.

A couple days after it was announced here I asked on the Fedora forums.
A kind person told me it was in the testing repos, so I was able to
install it with yum --enable-repo (or something close to that; forget
the exact command).

They never did get RC6 even in testing. And it is possible that my
query on the forums spurred them to get 1.4.0 out; had I not asked it
might still not be in the main repos. I even mentioned that it was time
to retire 1.3.3.14 and move 1.4.0 to stable. I expressed some annoyance
in my language.

I learned a lot over the past two years of Fedora, so I don't regret
the experience, but when my current 4.5 year old computer needs
replacing I'm probably going to go back to Ubuntu or Mint or something
else. Fedora is, on the one hand too cutting edge for me, and on the
other hand too slow to get things like Scribus in the repos.