[scribus] color profile question

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Sun Jan 8 01:57:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

just a simple question about color profiles:

I'd like to generate a PDF/X-3 file as required by a commercial printing
service provider. (Using scribus 1.4.0 rc3 under ubuntu)

I do have the service provider's icc file, and (just for testing)
another one of a little color printer, and put them both to ~/.color/icc .

But then, if I create a new document and enable color management under
File->Document Setup->Color Management, my profiles are not listed under
those to choose from in the selection boxes (e.g. for Printer).

The icc files themselves do not seem to be broken since I can use them
with jpegicc, a tool from little cms. Running scribus with strace shows
that it finds and opens the profiles.

What could prevent scribus from displaying my profiles in the chooser list?

regards
Hadmut