[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 Released

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jan 5 22:57:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 22:55:22 +0100 Craig Bradney
<cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> On 1/3/12 10:49 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > On 01/03/2012 02:55 PM, Craig Bradney wrote:
> >
> >> BTW John... just wanted to check.. did you switch to the
> >> Version14x tree?
> >>

> > I guess you're saying this is the replacement for
> > 'Version135' for svn?
> >

> Yes, per the Important Information section of the release
> notes:
>
> The 1.4.x branch will now be developed in the Version14x branch
> of our Subversion repository, leaving the Version135 one
> behind. This also fixes the version numbering issues of the
> past, with just two main versions, 1.4.x and 1.5.x
>
> Craig

> options or unsubscribe:
> http://wiki.scribus.net http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain Hosting
> http://www.doteasy.com
The system argued with me a bit but after I created a newly named
source directory the thing worked.

 Daily I back up the current Scribus (the one from last night)
and then create a new one from svn.

Weekly I back up the  current backup file into a another backup file
with a different name.  So I have a backup to yesterday and a
backup that is from two to seven days old.

-- John Culleton Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"
http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html