[scribus] Scribus 1.4.0 for MacOSX >> 10.4 << PowerPC G4 ?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jan 3 16:34:24 UTC 2012

hi

> Concerning the Fink packages, they are currently in the Fink
> distribution for MacOSX 10.5 and higher. I have only tested this on
> the intel architecture, not on 10.5/ppc, because I don't have a
> corresponding machine, but I don't know any reason why it shouldn't
> build on ppc.
>
> For OSX 10.4 (which is no longer officially supported by Fink), the
> 1.4.0 package is not yet there. I am testing it on a G5 under 10.4,
> and this will take some more time (qt4 is building since more than 7
> hours and has not yet finished). If no obstacles show up, then there
> will soon be a Fink package for scribus-1.4.0 (both x11 and aqua
> variants) for MacOSX 10.4.

nice! thanks, martin!

furhter on:
i have a couple of G4 and G5 computers at home. but all of them with linux.
i could think of building a .dmg for ppc... but only if i find a copy of
OS 10.4 / 10.5 which i can install on one of them.

personally, i'm still convinced that there should be enough people
around using ppc computers and it should be worth to build packages for
them.
but, i have also to admit that there are only very few of them that are
interested enough in having (a current version of) scribus on their
computer to become voicy in forums and mailing lists.
at the end, since i don't have access to any facts, i'm not sure if
there is really to invest time into it...

do you martin by chance know how much the scribus ppc packages are used?
are there any fink statistics about it?

have a nice evening
a.l.e