[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 Released

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 13:29:09 UTC 2012

On 01/02/2012 07:24 PM, Peter Linnell wrote:
> On 01/02/2012 04:23 PM, john Culleton wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 00:18:19 +0100
>> Craig Bradney<cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> We'd like to announce the release of Scribus 1.4.0 with the below
>>> information about the release, please also see
>>> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/1.4.0_Release for the coloured wiki
>>> format.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Craig
>>>

>> Hooray!
>>
>> My svn download no longer says rc 6 on the flash screen.
>> excellent!
>>
>> Is there still any utility in keeping up with the nightly svn builds of
>> 1.4.0?
>
> Yes, definitely. We will need testing for bug fixes we put into 1.4.1.
> There are already some patches we will add for performance and other
> minor fixes.

This having been said, I hardly see a benefit for *daily* builds. If you
are building daily, the presumption is that you are using Scribus daily
in a substantial way, so that you would be in a position to find new
problems or corrections to old problems.

As we have said before on the list, if you build this frequently, you
should have a backup Scribus in case something comes up as a problem.
This is of course less likely with the 1.4.x series at this point.
Right now, one might easily keep a 1.4.0 in a "standard" location, then
periodically update svn, and install this to a nonstandard location.
Then you always have the 1.4.0 to fall back on or compare with.

Greg