[scribus] text areas and master pages

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Feb 16 09:49:05 UTC 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:37:15 +0100
JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:

> Le 16/02/2012 08:25, ale rimoldi a écrit :
> > hi greg,

> >> I've submitted something that creates the ability to do a selective
> >> copy and paste function to Scripter.
> >>
> >> The idea would be that you could run a script which pastes a
> >> selected item to all, odd, even, or specific pages in a document.
> >> In essence it creates something like an editable Master Page item
> >> function.
> >>
> >> I'm waiting on a response, but I may just go ahead a create a wiki
> >> page that explains how to modify Scribus to use this.
> >
> > as i probably wrote, it would be nice if you could explain how to
> > modify the "insert>  frames" dialog to do this...
> >
> > i don't think that we need a new dialog for this and i believe that
> > almost all of the functions needed to multiple paste on several
> > pages are already in "insert>  frames"...
>
> Or maybe through an enhanced "Item (object) > Multiple copy
> (duplicate)" option ?

yes maybe, but i have the feeling that you need many more changes to
multiple duplicate to get to the same result, while the "insert >
frames" dialog can simply be enhanced by a "use selected item as a
base" option (with some more features :-).

personally, i feel that the two dialogs should get merged and renamed.

ciao
a.l.e