[scribus] PDFX3, CMYK and opacity

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Feb 15 07:32:03 UTC 2012

Le 14/02/2012 20:35, Peter Linnell a écrit :

> A couple of pointers:
>
> PDF-X does not handle transparency at all. It is a limitation of the spec.
>
> PDF-X3 allows mixing of CMYK and RGB images. In fact it can be all CMYK or all RGB, as well.
>
> Color is disabled in the PDF tab as certain settings cannot be disabled to ensure the pdf is compliant to the spec.
>
> Myself, I would be sending pdf 1.4 and if the transparency results are not correct, then it is an issue with the
> printer's workflow. Are they importing the PDF into another application beyond Acrobat Pro ?
>
> You are welcome to send me off list a link to the file, where I can run some special pre-preflight tools to verify the pdf.

Thank you very much for your attention and proposal.

I have changed all pictures to be CMYK
and think it should have solved the problem as for this printrun !

For next prints, i might investigate closer the PDF norms
and Scribus behaviours and printers real abilities
as for colors ... and opacity too !

JLuc