[scribus] "Offset of baseline to characters" doesn't seem to work correctly in Scribus 1.4.0

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 14:43:36 UTC 2012

--- On Thursday, 2/9/12, "Peter Nermander" <peter at nermander.se> wrote:
Let's say I have a text frame that is about two lines high (in my case,
 the height is 10.6 mm and my text is 12 pt Arial).? Normally, the top
of a single line of text would be at the top of the frame. With the
current stable version (1.4.0), what do I do to make this single line
appear near the centre (vertically), i.e. about half way down from the
top?

The setting you used is intended for subscript/superscript uses, it
moves the character above/below the "base" of the current line.

Have a look at Columns & Text Distances and change the top margin instead.

/Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks. I guess I had been doing it incorrectly for a long time, but the "bug" in the older versions made it work for me. I tried the Columns & Text Distances and that works exactly as I wish.  I appreciate your help.

Murray