[scribus] How to search the archives

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Feb 11 08:56:48 UTC 2012

hi

> Le 11/02/2012 06:59, Aleksander Kujbida a écrit :
> > Hello, Will someone please tell me how to search the archive, so I
> > don't duplicate questions (although this is undoubtedly a
> > duplicate!).
>
> I favor the gmane search abilitie :
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.scribus
> Use the search box in the left column
>
> A part from searching the archives, gmane allows to read scribus
> mailgroups through newsgroups, without being subscribed.
> With newsgroups, there is no mail to store and delete locally.

generally speaking, just searching in google or any other search engine
for the wording of your question may already give you the answer you're
looking for.

you can also use a search engine to crawl the official archives. in
google, the following query

mailing list archives site:lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/

will search for the topic "mailing list archives" in the official
archives.
(ironically, in this case, the results are badly polluted by the mails
sent through nabble, another mailing list archiver!

personally, i would not make it too complicated: if you can't find an
answer through the your preferred search engine, just ask in here!

ciao
a.l.e