[scribus] tutorial -- which color set?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Feb 7 10:53:25 UTC 2012

> Hello all,
> Working on the updated tutorial for Scribus. A frequently asked
> question
> is, /Where are all my colors?/ I seem to remember most of you
> recommending the "open office" color set... however, there are many of
> the sets that have more colors. For example, "X11" is the one I use,
> with many more colors than the open office set. Which set should I
> recommend in the the new tutorial? Is there any reason to use one set
> over another?
> Thanks,
> Christen

I would suggest the Scribus Basic set.

It is a small set and manageable for beginners. You can add a color to
it without 'losing' it in the list of colors.

If there are too many, as in X11, then it is a pain in the butt when
saying "Select this color, then select that color" The scrolling to
make the selection is a distraction to the lesson/tutorial

 --
Owen