[scribus] Segmentation fault on recent Scribus 1.5.0

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Feb 6 20:25:08 UTC 2012

I download and compile the latest svn versions of Scribus 1.4.1
and 1.5.0 each night. I back up the two Scribus executables
nightly and also once a week. Unfortunately all three versions of
1.5.0 blow up on my machine. I get the flash screen for a few
seconds, then I see some windows for a fraction of a second and
then I get a Signal 11 Segmentation fault. I use Slackware Linux
13.37.

My three versions of 1.5.0 are all dated Feb 5 or Feb 6. But I
suspect the weekly backup was downloaded on Feb 4, and then
copied over the next night. All three versions have differing
sizes.

I am rerunning my script today to see if the results (size and
behavior) are different. If today's download is functional I will
pass that on.

--
John Culleton Free list of books for
self-publishers: http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html