[scribus] Which PDF?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Feb 6 20:06:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 21:32:19 -0500 Gregory Pittman
<gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 02/05/2012 12:43 PM, Teodor-Toma Silvestru Muntean wrote:
> > Is the color space set : export window/color TAB/output
> > intende for: printer ?
> >

> > ----- Original Message ----- From:
> > "wena-parry at talktalk.net"<wena-parry at talktalk.net> To:
> > scribus at lists.scribus.net Cc: Sent: Saturday, February 4,
> > 2012 7:53 PM Subject: [scribus] Which PDF?
> >
> > Which of the three choices would be correct  to send a file
> > to LS
> >
> > PDF 1.3 (Acorbat4) PDF 1.4 (Acrobat5) PDF 1.5 (Acrobat 6)
> >
> > When I open any one of them and get to the above choices when
> > I look in the pre Press tab. And all three declares that the
> > output is PDFX  3 but the information about CMYK is greyed
> > out.
> >
> > So what am I to do?
> >
> John Culleton is our "LSI expert", but he seems to indicate the
> LSI wants PDFX/1a.
>
> To get there,

I was once told that an expert is a person in a suit carrying a
brief case and more than 25 miles from his home office. So I am
not one.

As I have said several times LSI publishes books with color
interiors and books with B/W interiors. The COVER of the book
with the B/W interior can be either PDF X/1-a:2001 format or a
Tiff file. The INTERIOR of a book with B/W interior can be any
form of pdf.

Books with color interiors and destined for LSI have a different
set of rules. Basically Tiff is not specified as an acceptable
format. Both cover and interior shuld be PDF X/1-a:2001. Also the
bleed margins are different.

-- John Culleton Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"
http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html