[scribus] Oddness with new version of Junicode font

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 20:55:04 UTC 2012

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 17:58:59 +0000
Sveinn í Felli <sveinki at nett.is> dijo:

>Þann fös  3.feb 2012 17:37, skrifaði John Jason Jordan:
>> Need more testers of Junicode 7.2 on other platforms and desktop
>> environments. To repeat, just copy and paste the following into a
>> text frame and see how Scribus displays it using Junicode 7.2:

>This is what I see:
>
>> ha
>> h b
>> hc
>> h d
>> he
>> h f
>> hg
>> h i
>> h j
>> h k
>> h l
>> hm
>> hn
>> ho
>> hp
>> hq
>> hr
>> hs
>> ht
>> hu
>> hv
>> hw
>> hx
>> hy
>> hz
>>

>Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 on LinuxMint 10.
>Curious, isn't it ?

Thanks for your input on Mint and OpenSuse. I am glad to see someone
else gets the same behavior as I do on Fedora 16. We're making
progress, although it still isn't clear if the problem is in Scribus
1.4.0 or in the font. That the same list of h-combinations appears
correctly for me in LibreOffice Writer points the finger at Scribus,
but we need more testing to confirm that. I have to leave for the
university now, but later tonight I may file a bug report.