[scribus] Character palette: Usage?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Feb 1 22:50:04 UTC 2012

Le 01/02/2012 16:56, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> On 02/01/2012 10:28 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> On 02/01/2012 09:57 AM, Lars Behrens wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> when I open the character palette I see six empty fields. What are they
>>> for?
>>>
>>> My assumption was, that they are for a collection of own most used
>>> characters, but how to fill them? I can't find a way to paste or write
>>> anything there.
>>>

>> If you click on the button that has a table-like icon, this brings up
>> the list of available glyphs. Simply drag a glyph from the table to the
>> empty fields.
>>
>> You can save a character palette, and load a particular one you've
>> saved. Once you make a palette, it should carry over from one Scribus
>> session to the next until you delete it -- the far right button.
>>

> Also, you can use the character palette either from the Story Editor or in Edit Contents mode -- double-click the glyph
> you want to insert.

As far as i can experiment it with scribusn, when doing so, the requested glyph
is not inserted : when inserting a dingbat i can only see an empty square lagter in the frame.
It seems only the code of the glyph has been inserted.
I have to select the empty square backward and then apply it the requested font
by choosing it again, this time in the property palette.
I cant believe this is the way it should be or is it ?

JLuc