[scribus] Tentative feature freeze for Scribus 1.5svn

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat Dec 29 22:37:37 UTC 2012

On 28/12/2012 06:33, "Christoph Schäfer" wrote:

> Dear Scribus users and developers,
>
> We've been discussing a possible release date of Scribus
 >1.5.0/1.6.0 last night in IRC. As a result, I've been asked
 >to announce something like a tentative "feature freeze" and
 >a plea not to start any new feature projects.
>
> As of now, 1.5.0svn is such a huge improvement over 1.4.x
 >that it makes more sense to stabilise and polish what we
 >have and to finish the ongoing projects, especially those
 >of Franz and Cezary, than to add even more. On the other
 >hand, existing features, like the Text Filter or the
 >Barcode Generator could probably be updated without too
 >many efforts to reflect either Scribus's or the external
 >program's new features.
>
>This is not meant to discourage developers like Alessandro,
 >who's working on epub export, since his project doesn't
 >seem to be disruptive in any way. If it works, it can be
 >included without hassles.
>
> I have created a Wiki page with an issue-based schedule:
 >http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus_1.5.0_Release_Schedule .
 >Feel free to add your thoughts and/or to modify it.
>
> What we need most, though (in addition to coding power),
 >is users willing to test, test, test -- and suggest!

Where do we download snapshots to test ?

(Windows snapshots in my case -  Yuk, sorry !)

> While we haven't discussed a release date, I take the
 >liberty of suggesting autumn 2013 for a release candidate.
>Please help us to make this come true!

Huge thanks Christoph and everyone else on the team !

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Reg. Office: Unit 1A Manners Court, Manners Avenue, Ilkeston. DE7 8EF