[scribus] Tentative feature freeze for Scribus 1.5svn

Vladimir Savic vladimir.firefly.savic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 18:44:25 UTC 2012

On 12/28/2012 05:54 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>
>> in a secret channel) so we can't know, why so many things have not
>> been included in the list (the most important being the refactoring of
>> the properties palette, so many people are waiting for!).
>
> Is that refactoring done, btw?

Unfortunately, not yet. There is a branch in svn repo, but work on it
stalled a long time ago, AFAIK.

> I know it's a docker now, but there are
> no other user-visible improvements I can think of. E.g. all text
> options are still in expandable groups inside a text group inside a
> single palette. Wasn't the original intention to make the palette
> modular?

We have monster menus and almost unusable PP. Those are things I'll
definitely be delighted to see "fixed" in 1.5/1.6.

There is an ongoing work on adopting Symbolic derived (inspired is a
better word, actually) icon set in Scribus, but I hesitate to continue
work due to PP being refactored. I have no idea how new one is going to
look like and what it will contain once finished. Don't want to work on
something of no use to anyone...

Vlada