[scribus] Tentative feature freeze for Scribus 1.5svn

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Dec 29 10:09:03 UTC 2012

hi craig,

> >> No it will be 1.5.0 final.
> >
> > so
> >
> > 1.5.0 in autumn 2013
> > 1.5.1 in autumn 2014
> > 1.5.2 in spring 2015
> > 1.6 RC in autumn 2015
> > 1.6 sometimes in 2016?
> >
> > does this look similar to your plans?
> >

> That would depend on how good those patches that people keep
> promising are. I'd hope for 1.6 in 2013 or early 2014 if all things
> go well.

sorry, i probably still don't understand the plans of the team:

- 1.5.0 in autumn 2013 (autumn finishing on the december 20th and
  deadlines are known to be met at the end of the planned period...)
- 1.6.0 still in 2013 or early 2014.

does it make sense to target a rock solid 1.5.0 as you seem to plan?

shouldn't be better to plan a 1.5.0 as soon as possible (as a
"technology preview") and then roll out a 1.5.x development release once
a month in 2013 with the goal to get to 1.6 at the end of the year?

setting sensible goals for each 1.5.x could help getting things done.
from the past experience, setting huge goals for a date far away in the
future is the best way to get it slip even further...

ciao
a.l.e