[scribus] Text over an image

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Dec 18 22:47:35 UTC 2012

Have a look at;

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_fill_a_Scribus_text_with_an_image

I did this

Create shape, fill with cyan

Create Text box, add text, fix size and font to suit

Select Text Box  Item > Convert to outlines

Select Text box   Item > Ungroup

Then   Item > Combine Polygons

Then Select both shape and text box

Create image frame, insert image and adjust to suit

Move image over text, then lower it to the bottom

See http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/CutoutText.png is what I
think you want

Owen

--