[scribus] Text over an image

Mike Fetherling mike.fetherling at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:36:19 UTC 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. This is one of those things
that drive me crazy.

I am still not able to get this right. Here are the exact steps I am taking:

   1. Create Shape...Insert shape, open properties - change fill to cyan,
   fill rule is even-odd.
   2. Create Text...Insert text frame above shape, add text, format bold
   3. Convert text to Outlines.
   4. Select shape and text.
   5. Combine polygons.

What I end up with is my original blue shape with a WHITE box surrounding
my text which is now blue like the shape.

Like the example here:
http://documentation.scribus.net/index.php/Text_Over_Images

I am trying to end up with my blue shape with the text "cut-out" from it
showing the level beneath it.

Any other ideas as to what I am doing wrong??