[scribus] scribus on Win7 68bit

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 13:29:21 UTC 2012

On 26/08/2012 06:54, ale rimoldi wrote:

> Since I'm lucky enough to use an OS where packagers kindly fix that
> sort of things for me,

:)

> I have to rely on you, the users of OS X and
> Windows in its variegate versions, to provide a list of paths that
> scribus should search for GS!

That's a nice thought, but if the user can set the path where gs is
installed, maybe the smart thing is to search for any instances of
gswin*.exe and then let them pick the one they want.

On my laptop, gs is installed in

     c:\program files\gs\gs9.04\bin

so the gs version information is embedded in the gs9.04 bit of the path.
I don't recall if that is the default behaviour or one of my foibles,
but if you have to cope with all possible gs versions in the "c:\program
files" and "c:\program files (x86)" directories, and still have to cope
with some users installing things outside of those directories (for
example when their c: drives get full), working from a list of paths may
be difficult.

Presumably the path list might also need updating each time a new gs
version comes out.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT