[scribus] Need helping selecting items

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Aug 25 19:46:58 UTC 2012

On 08/25/2012 07:17 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> New to Scribus
> Fedora 17,
> Scribus 1.4.1
>
> Downloaded Fedora-17-media-label.sla from:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F17#Source_Artwork_2
>
> Trying to create a low-ink version to end up like:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fedora-17-dvd-64.png
>
> Have managed to do most of it using
> "replace colors"
>
> But am left with a solid blue circle in the center.
> Along with a blue circumference a bit outside it.
>
> I have tried to selent these and change to white without success.
> Creating a new white circle to go over them destroys
> up some of the shapes on the other pages.

This blue circle and much of the basic material that doesn't change from
one page to the next is on a Master Page.

Go to Edit > Master Pages, where you will see this. Everything on the
Master Page, named 'Fedora-media-label' is a Group, so go to Item >
Ungroup, after which you can select just the blue circle and either
delete it or change its colors. Then close the Edit Master Page dialog
to go back to the other editing.

Greg