[scribus] scribus on Win7 68bit

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Fri Aug 24 23:41:17 UTC 2012

On 8/24/2012 4:34 PM, isabel brison wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Check that both Scibus and Ghostscript are installed in the same directory.
> In 64bit win there are 2 different Program Files folders; you must  install
> both programs in the same one.

I don't believe that is necessary or even a wise choice. These are the
paths on my Win7x64 system, as selected by the default install offerings:

C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.05\bin\gswin64c.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Scribus 1.4.1\Scribus.exe

You will note that since the version of Ghostscript I have installed is
the 64-bit version, it is NOT by default selected to install in
C:\Program Files (x86), which is the default path for 32-bit exes.

Barry McKenna