[scribus] scribus on Win7 64bit

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Fri Aug 24 21:50:40 UTC 2012

On 8/24/2012 1:01 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 08/24/2012 11:10 AM, Anke Lange wrote:
>> Hi
>> I hope you can help us.
>>
>> I tried to encourage a friend to use scribus. Unfortunatly, she runs
>> Scribus on a Win7 64bit system. I told her to first install ghostscript
>> and than scribus.
>>
>> Well, it looks like Scribus doesn't find the path to ghostscript.
>> She's got gs8.53 installed.
>>

> This is where File > Preferences > External Tools comes into play, where
> you can browse for the ghostscript binary.
>
> I presume this needs a 32-bit ghostscript (not sure actually), since
> Scribus only comes in 32-bit for Windows, but works fine on 64-bit Windows.
>
> Make sure she picks the gswin32c.exe ...

I'm running Win7x64 and when I planned to install Scribus 1.4.1, I
noticed that there was a 64-bit Ghostscript, so I tried that and my
install seems to be ok, because I can import .eps files and Print
Preview works ok - which I believe requires Ghostscript.

My Postscript Interpreter: Name of Executable is

C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.05\bin\gswin64c.exe

Barry McKenna