[scribus] Newspaper workflow

Javier García Alfaro javiergalfaro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 03:58:03 UTC 2012

 2012/8/23 Stefan <stmstmstmster en gmail.com>

> 2012/8/23 Gregory Pittman <gpittman en iglou.com>:
>
> > This suggests to me two things. Perhaps we need some pages on the wiki
> > that give some advice about the production of magazines and newspapers,
> > that others can use as a resource.
>
> I started here:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Creating_a_Newspaper
>
> Please add to it if you want. For people without a scribus wiki
> account you may type here:
>
> https://artikelschmiede.piratenpad.de/scribusworkflow
>

> Hi Greg and Stefan;
El Eslabón is a monthly newspaper produced by a cooperative of journalists
also publishes a digital newspaper, which is a source of content for the
paper edition. Currently only a layout designer, it's me. There are two
editors and a corrector. We need at least 3 people to edit the text (fixing
spelling, grammar and adjusting to fit), while I doing layout.

In future we are planning to do a weekly edition of our newspaper so that
it will be necessary to add another designer and more editors. For now we
deal with texts that eventually corrected in the layout, but for a more
limited work time we'll need have control on the text boxes.

If I understand, the alternatives that we have for now are subdivision of
the periodical (I assume that it's for work in layout and text edition of
different pages of a same edition) and/or some kind of online page
planning.

Just found this, I see it's an issue that had been raised
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Draft_of_end-to-end_publishing_solution then
I'm going to study it. I also found that there is something with GoogleDocs,
Wordpress and InDesign:
http://www.mediabistro.com/10000words/how-to-run-a-news-site-and-newspaper-using-wordpress-and-google-docs_b4781I
wonder if
it is possible to implement something similar in Scribus.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, if I delay in replying is because
I use a translator and my english is very basic.

--
Redacción Rosario <http://redaccionrosario.com.ar/noticias/> | diario
digital