[scribus] again - about Scribus 1.4 dmg for MacOSX 10.5 PowerPC

Philip Ward skeggy78 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 18:42:47 UTC 2012

On 22 August 2012 17:10, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> On 22/08/2012, at 14:46, Philip Ward <skeggy78 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 22 August 2012 09:54, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
> >
> >> hi teodor

> http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20120821/198fa7b1/attachment.html
> >>>

> >> sadly scribus is not supported on OS X PPC anymore.
> >>
> >> ... but i wonder who is still supporting OS X on PPC...
> >>
> >> on the other side, debian (and i think ubuntu) are still supporting PPC
> >> computers... so you may want to try to install linux on your computer
> >> if you want to keep it around...
> >>
> >> ... but i don't know how long the PPC processor will be supported by
> >> debian, either...
> >>
> >> the biggest problem, afaict, is that apple is the only big producer of
> >> PPC computer and it does not support PPC computers anymore...
> >> this change of mind @ apple does not help third party programmer to the
> >> extra effort to support the PPC platform.
> >>
> >> ciao
> >> a.l.e
> >>
> >> ___
> >> Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> >> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> >> See also:
> >> http://wiki.scribus.net
> >> http://forums.scribus.net
> >

> > The sad thing is, lots of things are now being stopped on PPC!!! i still
> > love my old PPC macs, and had to take the step forward for Intel....
> >

> Leopard will also no longer be supported soon even on Intel.
>
> Time to move on...
>
> Craig
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

I forgot, i had to upgrade to snow leopard to as even chrome said i cant
update anymore?? its a shame more regular programs, even on an older
system, are not catered for. But then soon XP will become redundant, in
favour of Windows 8, has anyone trial'd scribus/gimp/inkscape upon it?? i
installed it and thought hmmm wheres my Xbox control....

i think im more and more either going to stick with win 7,steam and games
can be a little erratic at the moment, i did read an article on the BBC i
think about Steam and Win8, and use a linux box more and more.. (yes i have
multiple machines).....

Phil