[scribus] Rendering issue in Scribus 1.3.9

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Aug 20 07:55:02 UTC 2012

hi gunter,
> Rendering issue in Scribus 1.3.9
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have a rendering issue with Scribus 1.3.9.
>
> I added a trapezoid with the line drawing tool of a graphics editor to a .png file.
>
> The trapezoid looks good in this .png file and this graphics editor and when I open it in a web browser.
>
> After importing the .png file to Scribus, the trapezoid is shown as a sequence of line sections with interrupting black background.
>
> This "broken" presentation is even exported to .pdf.
>
> Is this a known bug?
>
> Is there a simple workaround, which I could use without having to change my Scribus installation?

basically: png does not know anything about lines... there are only dots
which are in different colors.

i've tried to load the png you attached in my copy of scribus and did
not see any difference from what i'm seeing in the browser.

the pdf you have attached shows a very low resolution version of your
image. it's a bad image. probably resampled to .jpg.

so, all in all, to fix your problem:
- enable the fine preview for this image in scribus (it's in the context
menu)
- don't compress the image to .jpg when exporting to pdf
- create an image with enough resolution for the size you want to print
(150 dpi should be fine)

have a nice day
a.l.e