[scribus] Rendering issue in Scribus 1.3.9

Gunter Woysch Gunter.Woysch at gmx.de
Sun Aug 19 13:42:49 UTC 2012

Rendering issue in Scribus 1.3.9

Hello all,

I have a rendering issue with Scribus 1.3.9.

I added a trapezoid with the line drawing tool of a graphics editor to a .png file.

The trapezoid looks good in this .png file and this graphics editor and when I open it in a web browser.

After importing the .png file to Scribus, the trapezoid is shown as a sequence of line sections with interrupting black background.

This "broken" presentation is even exported to .pdf.

Is this a known bug?

Is there a simple workaround, which I could use without having to change my Scribus installation?

Many thanks for any answer!

Gunter