[scribus] text frames in Master page cannot be selected in the document page

Jo Evans jo.hose.evans at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 04:52:09 UTC 2012

I have just begun to use Scribus 1.4.1 and have been working through
the Getting Started tutorial. I have created Feature L and Feature R
Master pages and created two-column text frames on the main part of
the page and a header text frame at the top and a text frame with page
numbers at the bottom.  I then added these pages to my document (2
left and 2 right pages).

But when I view the document I am unable to select any of these frames
in order to add text into them. I can see their grey outline but
clicking on them does not produce the red selection outline. I've
tried making different layers active but this has not helped.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.