[scribus] pdf file size once more

Flem flemblog at free.fr
Sun Apr 29 09:36:20 UTC 2012

Hi John,

Le 29/04/2012 06:22, John Ghormley KJ4UFG a écrit :
>> On 04/28/2012 07:07 PM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
>>
>>> The question is, of course, how can a 38 mb container hold all the data in
>>> a 527 mb container?  Does InDesign use some compression technique that
>>> Scribus does not?

One question first: did you quote the "Limit Maximum Image
Resolution to:" option in the "File/Preferences/PDF options"
dialog?
300 to 400 dpi would be a good choice depending on the
lineature your printer is using.

In the same dialog you could also consider to test "Image
Compression Quality:" set to "High" instead of "Maximum" and
see if the resulting quality isn't good enough for print as
the file size will decrease accordingly.

Second, please consider that Adobe is the creator of
PostScript and PDF file spécifications and I guess their
knowledge and experience for optimizing it is significantly
better that could be the one of Scribus developers!

These are just suggestions to help you resolve your issue... :)

--
Flem