[scribus] Long space bars in Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Apr 19 12:06:23 UTC 2012

On 04/19/2012 07:41 AM, Owen wrote:

>> Is it possible to get a “— ” long space bars in Scribus, rather
>> that
>> the -- that what I use at present from Word.
>

> In the editor. Insert->em dash

You also have access to this from the main menu while in Edit Contents
mode. In some situations in can save time to use the clipboard, i.e.,
copy and paste.

I think you can also use Search and Replace if you have a number of
these, by replacing '--' with en-dash. The trick would be to paste the
glyph into the dialog.

The only other thing is that in the version of Word I use, it will auto
replace '--' with en-dash as I type.

Greg