[scribus] Graphics to PDF Question

Cindy Jones Lantier cindy at lantier.org
Sat Apr 14 07:55:13 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: William F. Maddock [mailto:billsey at earthlink.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:16 AM
To: Scribus User Mailing List
Subject: Re: [scribus] Graphics to PDF Question

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 23:17 -0700, Cindy Jones Lantier wrote:
> Hi! I am very much an amateur when it comes to desk top publishing. A
> few months ago I worked through the Scribus tutorial, so I thought I
> had enough skills to put together a small 'zine.  I am, however,
> running up against one problem related to graphics that I don't know
> what to do with. My graphics girl designed a nice title page for me.
> When I dropped the graphic into the title page of my document, it
> looked different than it does when I look at the it in Photoshop. Some
> of the black text had turned white and there were opacity issues; I
> think she used transparency in some of the layers. She's not familiar
> with Scribus, so the only thing she really knew how to do was to save
> it as a PDF on her end (and it looks great!) and she told me that with
> Adobe Reader, I should be able to combine the two PDFs (her graphic
> title page and the rest of my document). I think I can do that, but
> here's the thing - I'm wanting to export it to print as a booklet. So,
> how do I combine the two PDFs in such a way that they will still have the
pages in the correct order? Or is there some other way I should approach
this?

Cindy,

Have your graphic artist save the cover art as a TIFF. You can then import
that into an image frame in Scribus.

> Thanks so much for any guidance you can give me!

No problem.

Hey William!

I've sent her an email asking her to do as you suggested ... I hope the fix
is this simple!

Cindy
___
Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net Edit your options or