[scribus] Scribus as technical drawing tool

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 01:31:56 UTC 2012

On 11/04/2012 09:05, ale rimoldi wrote:

> hi john,
>
>> As it stands, the logo only consists of filled and stroked rectangles
>> and stroked and filled Arial text. I can't imagine that logos would
>> come a lot simpler, but when I try and import it into Scribus I get a
>> message saying that there are unsuported features, and the text is no
>> longer bounded by the rectangles.
>>
>> I've put a copy of my attempt at the .svg logo at
>>
>>     http://www.t4sustainability.co.uk/EraseMe/T4logoArialPlainJb0004.svg
>
> select all the text item and do "path>  object to path". do it on a
> copy of your svg in order to keep the editable version.

Thanks. That certainly is importable. There is still a grumble about
unsupported features, and the aspect ratio is a bit wrong, but that's
easily corrected, and the image quality on screen in scribus, and in the
generated PDFs is great.

Very good. Roll on the support of a fuller set of PDF features !

There has been some strangeness though. On some of my attempts to import
the SVG, nothing appeared. When I now try and make a PDF, I get warning
messages about "Free Objects". There are various texts, layers, rects
and paths, and something identified as g3060. All are shown as "Object
is not on a Page".

Any clues as to how this might have arisen, and how to get rid of
them ?

Many thanks, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT