[scribus] the docs license

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:24:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM, john Culleton wrote:

> Gimp had a huge manual that you could download or buy in paper
> form. Today's manual is online, and in html format. It is pretty
> much kept up to date. It is not downloadable unless you want to
> deal with converting a manual in html format. Also the content
> is in individual chunks of html, easy to access online but tedious
> to download in its entirety.

First of all, we don't sell the official user manual. It's done by
someone else who asked and got a confirmation that it's legal.

There's also nothing particularly tedious about downloading a PDF file.

> So what model should Scribus follow? In the case of Inkscape the
> manual author and the publisher of same is one person.

No and no.

1. Tav's manual is a de-facto manual, not de jure. It was so easy to
refer to the online version that it kind of became the default manual.
But it's not a community project (which is fine with me).

2.. Tav is not the publisher.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org