[scribus] Where do I set the line spacing?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Apr 10 12:26:17 UTC 2012

On 4/10/12 12:27 PM, Craig Bradney wrote:

> On 10/04/2012, at 10:07, Lars Behrens<lars.behrens at kit.edu>  wrote:
>
>> ale rimoldi schrieb:
>>
>>> - the official documentation should be free (or a free documentation
>>>    should be written/translated) so that all distributions can
>>>    automatically install it along with the main program!
>> Could someone supply some "behind the scene knowledge": How come that a free application has an unfree docu?
>>
>> TIA!
>>
>> Cheerz,
>> Lars
>>
> The docs are free to use , copy and are in all distros. They are OPL licensed so someone doesn't take them, print them and make money from them without contributing back to Scribus.

only half true: last time i've checked, on debian and ubuntu they're in
the non-free repository which is not enabled by default.

and, afaik,  the detail making them non free is not the use of the OPL
license, but the exception attached to it, forbidding the commercial
printing without the explicit consent of the original authors.

so, the problem is not that one has to contribute back to scribus (which
could be done with a standard OPL license or a cc-by-sa license), but
that there are restrictions on your freedom to use the manual, that are
not compatible with the idea of free software as defined by the FSFE.

independently from the fact that one likes or not that license, the FSFE
or the provision added by the scribus team, the problem is that on many
computers the documentation does not get automatically installed when
scribus is installed.

ciao
a.l.e