[scribus] Scribus as technical drawing tool

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 11:10:54 UTC 2012

Because Scribus allows very precise placement and dimensioning of
objects, I've taken to using it as a basic CAD tool.

This would be greatly facilitated though, if it were possible to move
the origin of the coordinate system, and introduce arbitrary scales for
the drawing of lines and polygons, e.g. 1:150.

Is anybody else using it this way, and is anybody else interested in
these developments ?

(I know there's an argument for doing this in CAD, and that's something
we've looked at, but haven't got to grips with yet. We're still waiting
for a package that will do for CAD what Scribus has done for DTP.)

(I know some people would say that diagrams might better be done in
Inkscape, but as Scribus can't even hack the company logo as a plain SVG
from Inkscape, I don't really feel any confidence re the import of
engineering drawings.)

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT