[scribus] Is .odt document import fubar?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Apr 9 05:34:01 UTC 2012

> Hi,
>
> Following the manual, where it says:
>
> SXW/ODT import step by step
>
>     Select the text frame.
>     Right-click > Get Text ...
>     Select your SXW/ODT document.
>
> Nothing gets imported. If I go to do it again I get a warning box
> about
> "Clear your text?" But in reality there's no text in the text frame
> that's
> selected.
>
> Damn. Scribus just cleared the text FROM THE SOURCE DOCUMENT. Totally
> zeroed
> out the contents. Didn't pull it into Scribus. Turned the source into
> zero-byte file. How in hell!?

After selecting your odt document, you should get a dialog asking what
to import, (fonts, styles etc)

It works for me

Why don't you try it again.

You may wish to know about http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

Also http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Success_stories_2012 should
indicate to you that Scribus is a very competent piece of software.
You just have a learing curve to scale.

Perhaps try the tutorial in the Help->Manual

 --
Owen